Auto Repair & Services
- 24 Hour Service
- Brake Service
- Commercial Truck Tires
- Diesel Repair
- DOT Inspections
- Electrical Maintenance
- Emission Systems
- Flat Proofing
- Mechanical Repair
- Mounting & Balancing
- National Accounts
- OTR, Ag, Industrial Tires
- OTR, Ag, Industrial Service
- RV Maintenance
- Tire Maintenance
- Tire Retreading
- Transmission Maintenance
- Truck Alignment
- Cooling System Service
- Wheel Refurbishing
A/C & Heating Service
A commercial truck air conditioning and heating system relies on a cycle of compression and expansion (and condensation and evaporation) of refrigerant to do its job. And just like with any vehicle, a commercial truck air conditioning or heating system can wear out in time with usage. It can develop leaks as hoses, O-rings, gaskets and seals degrade, or as mechanical parts just age and fail. Commercial drivers in Mt. Pleasant, MI and surrounding areas are turning to Alma Tire Service. Our techs are experienced and trained in diagnosis and repair of any commercial truck air conditioning and heating issues you may encounter.
What are some signs your commercial truck air conditioning or heating system needs to be serviced?
- Air conditioning that isn't cool enough, or barely cooler than the air outside
- Blowing air that has a musty or foul smell to it
- Truck's heater doesn't keep the cabin warm, or barely warmer than outside air
- Defroster doesn't do its job effectively, or blows musty, foul-smelling air
- Heat or A/C that only works while driving, not while stopped or idling
- HVAC vents don't blow enough air, even with the fan on its highest setting
What can Alma Tire Service do as far as diagnosis and repair?
- More often than not, an automotive A/C system isn't working efficiently because it's low on refrigerant. We can track down and diagnose leaks at the compressor, O-ring seals, evaporator, hoses or condenser, make necessary repairs and recharge the system
- If your compressor isn't engaging, it could be because the compressor clutch is preventing it from working due to low refrigerant...or due to a wiring problem, blown fuse or faulty relay. We'll diagnose and repair as needed.
- Check for moisture in the system, which can lead to a freeze-up on the evaporation side - moisture can be cleared with a vacuum pump. Sometimes in these instances, the evaporator/drier may be at fault. We can replace if needed.
- Check condition and tension of drive belt for compressor
- Check for unusual noises, which can indicate a compressor that's on its way to failure
- Flush out any sludge or contamination which may have built up in the system
Alma Tire Service offers Commercial Truck Air Conditioning and Heating Service in Mt. Pleasant, MI and surrounding areas
Problems with commercial truck air conditioning and heating issues are not only uncomfortable, they can get expensive, and like anything else, they can get more expensive the longer you put them off. Come on in to Alma Tire Service, and let us diagnose and repair any commercial truck air conditioning and heating problems you might experience. Contact us today!